About the EClass.Net Project
The goal of the EClass.Net project is to create an open source toolkit for designing, managing, building and delivering learning via computer or the Internet. We hope that these tools can empower instructors and content authors to build multimedia learning modules, software documentation, and even web sites without having to be a computer guru. In addition, we strongly feel that software should not “lock” users into a particular software package or development platform.
In accordance with these goals, all of our applications will:
- Provide intuitive, easy to use interfaces
- Run on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Be “open source”, which means all tools are free to use, modify and redistribute
- Use open data formats and support open industry standards whenever possible
- Be extensible and customizable for those that need it